Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Special Event

I have just returned from 'The Special Event' in San Diego. Not only was the weather amazing - I decided that everyone in Cache Valley should be able to spend a couple of days in clear sky and warm weather every January. It would help us get through the rest of the winter - but the Show was GREAT! My first workshop/class was about color. Sasha Souza was the decorator/planner speaking. She was wearing a chartreuse jacket. (She would appreciate the fact that I didn't call it yellow!) was fun and outgoing. I thought 'she seems like she knows what she is talking about'. She starting showing photos of weddings she has done and magazines she has been in. I knew who she was! I have looked at those photos many times. That is when I realized the company I was with. Take a look at her blog sparkliatti and you will see all kinds of ideas! It was the first class I went to and the best! Deffinatly worth the trip!

3 comments:

Ella Bella Floral said...

Hi Marcie,

Wow...how exciting for you to go hear Sasha Souza...that sounds really fun. So what are the hot new colors going to be this year?
How did things go at the Bridal Faire? You looked busy...that's good. You have some really nice linens and chairs.

Vicki

Marcie Taylor said...

Hi Vicki! The word at the show was Chocolate brown is out yellow and 'happy' colors are in. They said to watch out...mauve is making a come back! At the bridal faire blues and amethest colors are what the brides are talking about!

Ella Bella Floral said...

yay!!! I'm doing a yellow wedding and even though I still like chocolate it could take a break. It's always fun to do something different so mauves blues and amethyst sound great. We have just signed up with Nikkol to do the Wedding Showcase so I look forward to seeing you then if not sooner.
Vicki